Being a great advisor today is not just about getting higher rates of return.If you can’t answer yes to at least 4 of the statements below – then you have work to do.
- Are you helpful to your clients in other aspects of their lives, not just investing?
- Are a Center of Influence for more than just lawyers and accountants?
- When you have couples clients — do you get together with the whole family, not just the husband?
- Do you meet where it’s convenient for the wife?
- Does the family consider you a friend? Are you invited to family functions, weddings, funerals?
Being a trusted financial advisor means you’re the person they turn to with any family decisions. Make it your goal for 2017 to become just that.